5% of Silicon Valley employees ride transit to work. Transit use continues to increase as systems are expanded to provide additional service and connections.
One of the easiest ways to find the best transit options for your commute is to plug your home and work addresses into Google Maps. Just select the bus icon to find detailed transit routes and travel times.
For additional details, including transit fare, stops and connecting shuttle services, visit the following transit agency web sites:
- Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) – Santa Clara County bus and light rail
- CalTrain – Commuter train service between San Francisco and Gilroy
- Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) – Commuter rail from the Central Valley and East Bay to San Jose
- SamTrans – San Mateo County bus service
- AC Transit – Alameda County bus service
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) – Rail service in San Francicso, the East Bay and Peninsula
- Capitol Corridor (Amtrak) – Rail service from Sacramento and Oakland
- Highway 17 Express – Bus service from Scotts Valley to San Jose
- Dumbarton Express – Bus service from Fremont BART to Palo Alto and Menlo Park